CISGC provides needed resources and services for all students in CISGC schools. In collaboration with the schools and community partners, CISGC provides student's with physical resources (school supplies, books, etc.) and educational programming based upon the current needs and challenges of our schools.
Helping students prepare for life includes more than obtaining a high school diploma. It means knowing how to work cooperatively with others, solve problems, and resolve differences in a constructive manner. CISGC is working with students to help them develop these skills.
CISGC currently provides group and school-wide programming on issues such as academics, truancy, social and emotional literacy, anti-bullying, cultural awareness, health and nutrition, conflict resolution, and enrichment and motivation.
Some of CISGC's 2015- 2016 Programs included:
- "Stuff the Bus" school supply drive
- Choice Bus program with State Farm and Mattie C Stewart Foundation
- Youth Entrepreneurship Program with Vis Ability
- Breakfast Buddies
- Safety & Well-being Programs with Family Refuge Center
- Lunch & Learn groups
- Community Reading Days
- "Cool WV Women" speaker series
- Service and service-learning projects at each site
- Small-group sessions
... and many more!
If you or our business is interested in learning more about CISGC's programs, click on the "How You Can Help" tab on the left of the screen.